The current church was rebuilt on the site of an older chapel in 1848–49 at a cost of about £1,600, it was opened on 23 September 1849. In 1857 the pulpit, organ chamber, vestry, and stalls were added and in 1884 the steeple was built at a cost of £1,300. In 1931–32 additions included a marble floor to the chancel, new steps, and new choir seats. In 2007 a fully equipped two-level Community Centre was added to the west end of the church.
The Centre is owned by the Parochial Church Council, Ribby with Wrea, a charity with excepted status. A charge for the hire of the facilities is made on a non-profit basis as a contribution towards the costs incurred in the operation of the building and as a provision for refurbishment and renovation.
A Brief History
Church and Grapes Hotel Circa 1910
Courtesy of Mountain and Cowell